Thursday, May 04, 2006

HTTrack A Tool for Blog backup

As I as scoure the Digital Point Boards, i am caught up with the post by Jarodboy on how he can backup his blogs on blogger.

I immediately search for the specific answer from big brother google.

I came up with two links.

And find httrack from httrack.com and it was opensource.

i install it simply on my box by using:

#sudo apt-get install httrack

the synaptics because i am using a ubuntu box recently upgraded to dapper beta version:


as encourage by one of the developers Zak B. Elep.

I finished the installation easily and after seing the last output of the installation i immediately tried the software. it has a wizard in which it will guide you to the process of backing up. It works like a site grabber but has many options.

i like the tool and currently am using it as one of my backup tools.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home